It is very important to follow these guidelines for Elsee Candles.
- Before each burn trim the wick to approximately 4mm and clear any wick trimmings, dirt or debris from the candle. This will reduce any smoke and increase the candle’s life span.
- Ensure you place your candle on a level, fire resistant surface. It may seem obvious but ensure that there is nothing above the candle like a shelf or blind! Place away from any draughts to reduce sooting.
- When burning your candle for the first time allow the wax to burn as close to the edge of the container as possible. This will ensure an even burn and avoid tunnelling.
- If you notice smoke when burning your candle then this is likely due to being in a draught or the wick being too long. Extinguish your Candle and trim the wick, taking care as it will be hot. Burn the candle for no more than four hours at a time and let it cool before re-lighting.
- It's important to not burn for more than four hours at a time to prevent the container becoming too hot.
- Always extinguish the candle and do not relight when the wax level is less than 10mm.
- Do not attempt to move your candle whilst it is burning as the container will be hot to touch.
- You should never leave your candle unattended.
- Keep out of reach of children or pets.